So we saw on the Travel channel that the number two beach for partying was Paradise island beach resort in Mykonos. We decided to go there for a night to check it out. The travel channel was correct. We arranged to have a bungalow with three beds and included private bathroom. It was literally three twin beds too close together and a 4x4 bathroom where the removable showerhead hung slightly above the toilet. After checking out the room, the only thing to do was to go to the beach. The Aegean sun is intense. I was applying SPF 30 like it was my job on those islands. After about four hours frying on the beach Phil and I decided to go in. After being on the beach for a little bit and derobing completely to fit in with the euro-sunbathers Grayson wanted to check out “super” paradise beach. He heard there was a party there during the day so he headed over to see what was going on. Turns out the party was dying and the limp-wristed party was beginning. He got hit on by a few gay men and ended up making friends with a girl who was on vacation with her boyfriend, but they realized they weren’t that fond of each other so this would be their last time together. Ha. Him befriending her paid off later though, because he missed the last boat out and she had her boyfriend take him back to our hotel. We were glad to see him back later that day. All day they had been advertising a DJ called ‘Hedkandi’ that was playing at the club that night. We met some kids on the bus and ended up getting a table with them at the club and drinking heavily to put up with the ‘DJ’ or whatever that music was called. The kids we got the table with had just graduated high school so they were ready to party. While one was practically showering in red bull, the other was drinking candle wax from the tea-light on the table. I wish I were making this shit up. After watching these fools get ridiculous we figured we would be responsible older college students and drink all of the vodka so they wouldn’t. Grayson headed down to the beach once the sun came up and jumped in the ocean, and I woke up with my dress and sandals still on. I would say it was a successful evening. We checked out and got the hell off of that island. I’m glad we went, but it was an extended version of Cancun that I do not wish to revisit.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
June 27, 2009 – Mykonos: best place to kill your liver
So we saw on the Travel channel that the number two beach for partying was Paradise island beach resort in Mykonos. We decided to go there for a night to check it out. The travel channel was correct. We arranged to have a bungalow with three beds and included private bathroom. It was literally three twin beds too close together and a 4x4 bathroom where the removable showerhead hung slightly above the toilet. After checking out the room, the only thing to do was to go to the beach. The Aegean sun is intense. I was applying SPF 30 like it was my job on those islands. After about four hours frying on the beach Phil and I decided to go in. After being on the beach for a little bit and derobing completely to fit in with the euro-sunbathers Grayson wanted to check out “super” paradise beach. He heard there was a party there during the day so he headed over to see what was going on. Turns out the party was dying and the limp-wristed party was beginning. He got hit on by a few gay men and ended up making friends with a girl who was on vacation with her boyfriend, but they realized they weren’t that fond of each other so this would be their last time together. Ha. Him befriending her paid off later though, because he missed the last boat out and she had her boyfriend take him back to our hotel. We were glad to see him back later that day. All day they had been advertising a DJ called ‘Hedkandi’ that was playing at the club that night. We met some kids on the bus and ended up getting a table with them at the club and drinking heavily to put up with the ‘DJ’ or whatever that music was called. The kids we got the table with had just graduated high school so they were ready to party. While one was practically showering in red bull, the other was drinking candle wax from the tea-light on the table. I wish I were making this shit up. After watching these fools get ridiculous we figured we would be responsible older college students and drink all of the vodka so they wouldn’t. Grayson headed down to the beach once the sun came up and jumped in the ocean, and I woke up with my dress and sandals still on. I would say it was a successful evening. We checked out and got the hell off of that island. I’m glad we went, but it was an extended version of Cancun that I do not wish to revisit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment